By combining signs of her homeland with elements from her upbringing, Maysaa Al Bardaweal creates a lyrical self -portrait of her as a child. Illustrations of her childhood memories swirl above her body- formed of bits of Palestinian fabric combined with suggestions of the foundations of old buildings.
Born in 1986, Maysaa Al Bardaweal holds a BA in Fine Art from Al Aqsa University, Gaza. She is a member of the Palestinian Artist Association and has worked on various arts related projects with UNRWA as well as programs related to introducing creativity and art to children.
- Morning Pending (CCF), Gaza (2010).
- Gaza Gallery, Gaza (2009).
- UNDP Auction, Jerusalem (2009).
- ‘Various Colors’, Al Qattan Centre for Children, Gaza (2009).
- ‘Jerusalem in the Eyes of Artists’, Gaza, Women’s Centre for Information and Media (2009).
- ‘Exception’, Women’s Centre for Information and Media, Gaza (2009)
- ‘Canaanite’ in cooperation with the CCF, Gaza (2009)
- ‘Qurban’, Women’s Centre for Information and Media, Gaza (2009)
- ‘White Night’, Gaza (2008)
- ‘International Women’s Day’,Women’s Affairs Centre, Gaza (2007).