Identity of the Soul
By collaging bits of found material including passages of text by the renowned writer Mahmood Darwish, Maysa Yousif’s work speaks of national heritage and the importance of cherishing culture and tradition as a means of preservation of one’s identity.
Born in Gaza City in 1984, Maysaa Yousif holds a BA in Painting from Al Aqsa University, Gaza. She has participated in numerous workshops and training courses in Palestine.
- a permanent post in the Journal of Palestine youth paintings, photographs and holds several awards.
- Challenge Gallery –Roots For Fine Art -2012.
- Rtoosh Gallery Windows From Gaza -2012.
- First Strip Festival for contemporary visual art – Gaza Center for Culture and the Arts -2011.
- Wall paintings spring Liberals – Gaza Center for Culture and the Arts -2011.
- Win first place in the Women’s Association .
- Palestinian Heritage Gallery _ Gaza Center for Culture and the Arts _2011.
- Gallery “Campaign For Education” – Qattan Center, 2011.
- spring art gallery _ French Cultural Center _ and windows From Gaza 2011.
- workshop and art gallery Gaza – Elteqaa of Contemporary Art -2010.
- implementation of 3 Wall Painting in different regions to support World Breastfeeding Day – The Association of the right to life 2010.
- Autumn Flower Show- Sahem for contributed to the creative-2010.
- To join the group reflection -2009.
- Gallery art event – Gallery confluence -2009.
- Autumn Flower Show- Sahem for contributed to the creative-2009.
- Color Cast– Palestinian woman’s information and media center, moved to khalil Sakakini and Ramallah – 2009.
- Reception of new students – University of Al-Aqsa 2009.
- Jerusalem in the eyes of young women – Palestinian woman’s information and media center, moved to khalil Sakakini and Ramallah – 2009.
- Exception – Palestinian woman’s information and Media center, moved to khalil Sakakini – Ramallah 2009.
- World Day of heritage – Islamic University – 2009.
- Piece of Light – culture and free idea Society -2009.
- Qurban – Palestinian woman’s information and media center, moved to khalil Sakakini and Ramallah – 2009.
- Spring – Al Aqsa University – 2008.
- World Day of Woman – General Union of culture of center – 2008.
- Wall painting “nearly 1500” Sharek yourself Group – 2009.
- Wall painting to celebrate the 60th Anniversary of the universal Deceleration of Human Rights – 2008.
- Wall painting – World Day of woman’s –General Union Cultural center – 2008.
- Wall painting nationalist union Al Aqsa University – 2007.
- Wall painting Palestinian Prisoner Day Al Aqsa University – 2007.
- Wall Painting Gaza in future Al Aqsa University – 2008.
- Wall Painting Right of back – Al Aqsa University – 2008.
- Wall Painting World Day of environment – mean – 2009.
- Exhibition – Women Pioneers – 2006.