Combining materials that she typically experimented with as a child, such as coloured clay and glue, Dalia Abdulrahman playfully recreates her childhood toy, in turn reminiscing about the simplicity and joy of her youth.
Born in Egypt in 1985, Dalia Abdelrahman currently lives in Gaza. She obtained a BA in Fine Art from Al Aqsa University in 2006 and then went on to obtain a BA in Decoration in 2012 from the same university. Dalia previously taught art in public schools between 2006-7. She currently teaches at the Tamer Foundation for Community Education.
- Palestinian Heritage, Young Men’s Christian Association (YMCA), (2013).
- Contemporary Art Festival, Gaza (2013)
- ‘Tolerance 6’, Gaza (2011).
- Women’s Media Center, Gaza (2010).
- Creative Women’s Association, International Women’s Day, Gaza (2009).